It's finally time to welcome you to Ocean Backpackers again! We are open from the 10th July with private rooms available for solo travellers, couples, families and those in a designated social bubble.
Please follow Government guidelines on who you can holiday with by using this link: www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household
Unfortunately, we cannot offer shared dorms for the foreseeable future.
Here is a guide of what to expect during your stay. All new measures are designed to keep you and our staff safe!
- Reduction on Hostel capacity to give you more space around the Hostel.
- Staff are fully trained and equipped on how to prevent, spot and deal with COVID-19 cases.
- Information on how to help and what to do to prevent the virus spreading is posted throughout the Hostel.
- Unfortunately, following our Government restrictions, our self-catering kitchen will be CLOSED until further notice. Tea and coffee making facilities will be available in our double and family rooms.
- We are no longer offering rooms with shared bathrooms.
- Our top floor can now be hired for EXCLUSIVE USE. It sleeps 11 and consists of four rooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen. There is no lounge but guests are welcome to use the lounge on the ground floor.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in place throughout the Hostel including the communal lounge.
- Sanitizer at reception to be used by guests upon arrival and throughout their stay.
- Plastic screen at reception to provide an extra layer of protection for staff and guests where social distancing is not possible.
- Prior bookings will be pre-paid. Any payments made at reception will be contactless with no cash accepted.
- Cleaning products meeting UK Government standards will be used to disinfect common areas, rooms and bathrooms leaving them super clean and virus free.
- A strict cleaning procedure will be in place and staff will be fully trained in these procedures.
- Staff will be carrying out frequent cleans of all surfaces and touch points.
- Strict check out policy of 10am to allow rooms to be fully deep cleaned during guests.
- Guests encouraged to bring their own bedding and towels and to ventilate the room upon departure.
- If using our bedding, guests will be asked to strip their beds and leave the linen in a bag in the room. The bedding will be washed in accordance with Government guidelines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Our Terms and Conditions will remain flexible to allow for a "risk free" booking.
WHAT YOU CAN DO THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY TO KEEP SAFE
- Use the hand sanitiser at reception upon arrival and throughout your stay.
- Reguarly wash your hands with handsoap for 20 seconds during your stay.
- Adhere to social distancing measures in the Hostel and when "out and about" in Ilfracombe.
- Wear a face covering when recommended by the Government ie when you cannot social distance at 2m.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Inform a member of staff if you have symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay and self-isolate immediately. We will then follow strict Government guidelines in dealing with a Covid-19 case within our establishment.
- Please do not stay at Ocean Backpackers if you have had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours, namely a high temperature, a new persistent cough or loss of taste and smell.