Ocean Backpackers is pleased to offer private rooms for solo travellers, couples, families and those in a designated social bubble.
Please follow Government guidelines on who you can holiday with by using this link: www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household
Unfortunately, we cannot offer shared dorms for the foreseeable future.
Here is a guide of what to expect during your stay. All new measures are designed to keep you and our staff safe!
- Reduction on Hostel capacity to give you more space around the Hostel.
- Staff are fully trained and equipped on how to prevent, spot and deal with COVID-19 cases.
- Information on how to help and what to do to prevent the virus spreading is posted throughout the Hostel.
- Unfortunately, following Government restrictions, our self-catering kitchen is now CLOSED until further notice. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in our double and family rooms.
- We are no longer offering any rooms that have shared bathroom facilities.
- Our top floor can now be hired for EXCLUSIVE USE (for a maximum of 6 people in accordance with the latest Government guidelines.) It consists of four rooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen. There is no lounge but guests are welcome to use the lounge on the ground floor.
- Social distancing guidelines apply throughout the Hostel including the communal lounge.
- Face coverings are recommended if coming into contact with other guests in the communal areas.
- Sanitizer at reception to be used by guests upon arrival and throughout their stay.
- Plastic screen at reception to provide an extra layer of protection for staff and guests where social distancing is not possible.
- Prior bookings will be pre-paid. Any payments made at reception will be contactless with no cash accepted.
- Cleaning products meeting UK Government standards will be used to disinfect common areas, rooms and bathrooms leaving them super clean and virus free.
- A strict cleaning procedure will be in place and staff will be fully trained in these procedures.
- Staff will be carrying out frequent cleans of all surfaces and touch points.
- Strict check out policy of 10am to allow rooms to be fully deep cleaned during guests.
- Guests encouraged to bring their own bedding and towels and to ventilate the room upon departure.
- If using our bedding, guests will be asked to strip their beds and leave the linen in a bag in the room. The bedding will be washed in accordance with Government guidelines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please see our Terms and Conditions section which has been updated in light of Covid-19. We would recommend that every guest has travel insurance in place prior to their stay incase they need to cancel the booking at short notice or if the Government enforces us to close at any time prior to or during your stay.
WHAT YOU CAN DO THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY TO KEEP SAFE
- Use the hand sanitiser at reception upon arrival and throughout your stay.
- Reguarly wash your hands with handsoap for 20 seconds during your stay.
- Adhere to social distancing measures in the Hostel and when "out and about" in Ilfracombe.
- Wear a face covering when recommended by the Government ie when you cannot social distance at 2m.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Inform a member of staff if you have symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay and self-isolate immediately. We will then follow strict Government guidelines in dealing with a Covid-19 case within our establishment.
- Please do not stay at Ocean Backpackers if you have had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours, namely a high temperature, a new persistent cough or loss of taste and smell.